10 Cute Pom Pom Crafts for Kids
Do you have a little one in your life who loves crafts? Well, this is the post for you! I’ve rounded up some awesome pom pom crafts for toddlers and preschoolers. Pom pom crafts are inexpensive, and the only materials needed are pom poms, scissors, or a few common household items. So go ahead, grab some scissors, glue sticks, and get crafting!
Types of Pom Poms
There are two types of pom poms you can use. The first one, the small store-bought balls, work best for preschoolers and toddlers who don’t have much coordination yet to make DIY yarn pom-poms at home. These are great for building fine motor skills and coordination!
The second type of pom poms is a DIY yarn pom pom that you or your older kids (who can handle scissors) can make at home. So if you’ve got older siblings who want to join in then check out this easy tutorial for making pom poms.
Pom Pom Crafts for Kids
- DIY Pom Pom Flower Bookmark – Two kids and a couponThis bookmark craft is adorable and is great for encouraging little readers! You can find everything you need on the website for this quick and easy craft!
- Pom Pom Monsters – Oh My CreativeThese pom pom monsters look like so much fun to make! It looks like you’ll need a glue gun for these so perhaps something you want to ake in advance for a fun play time!
- Easy Pom Pom Sheep Craft – Simple Everyday MomThis is a great one for little hands, working on that hand-eye coordination matching up the cotton wool with the sheep!
- Pom Pom Letter Gift Idea – B4 and AftersThis is great for preschoolers working on their alphabet letters – it can be a craft or a simple activity!
- Pom Pom Rainbow Craft – Artsy Craftsy MomIf you’re in the middle of learning colours, then this pom pom craft is perfect for your little one! Bright and beautiful!
- Yarn Pom Pom Chicks – Crafts by AmandaThese little chicks can be put together in a matter of minutes, making them the perfect craft for your little one to get involved with! Have fun making some other animals too!
- Pom Pom Caterpillar Craft – Messy Little MonsterThis craft would be great alongside the story of The Very Hungry Caterpillar!
- Pipe Cleaner Finger Puppets – The Soccer Mom BlogThese finger puppets are super cute! Use them as part of your story time to keep little toddlers engaged!
- Fun Snail Paper Plate Craft for Kids – Attachment MummyUsing just a paper plate and some pom poms to make a snail, this is really simple to do and a perfect afternoon craft for toddlers.
- Pom Pom Friends – Kids Activities BlogThese pom pom friends bring back some memories!! If you want to have a go at making your own then hop on over to Kids Activities Blog to find out how!
I hope you enjoy trying some of these fun crafts with your little ones – be sure to pin the images for later for a rainy day!
Louisa | Mum’s Creative Cupboard x