Easy Rainbow Playdough Recipe
When you’re stuck at home with nothing to do, then playdough is a always a brilliant go to activity! If you don’t have any playdough in, then don’t worry as I’ve got a super simple recipe that we’ve used over and over with great results!
This super easy rainbow playdough recipe is simple to follow and works every time! You’ll never buy play dough again when you realise how easy it is to make your own!
And once you’ve made your playdough, I’ve got you covered on a whole list of things to play too, so read to the end for those!
Pin me for later ⇓
150g Flour (approx 1 cup)
150g Salt (approx 1/2 cup)
1 Tsp Vegetable Oil
2 Tsp Cream Of Tartar
How To Make Homemade Playdough
- Add the flour, salt and cream of tartar to a saucepan and mix well
- Add the water and vegetable oil
- Turn on the heat and keep stirring the mixture until it forms a dough (it will get sticky just keep it moving)
How to Colour the Play Dough
- If making just one colour then it is much easier to add food colouring in with the wet ingredients as this will just mix in as you cook it
- If you are looking to make a mixture of colours then kneed the food colouring into the dough after you have divided it up
How To Store Play Doh
- Once made, you will need to keep your playdough in an airtight container to stop it drying out
- The playdough will last a long time if kept this way and can be used over and over as with shop bought playdough
How To Stop Play Doh from Drying Out?
- If your playdough dries out quickly, then try storing it in the fridge in a zip-lock bag
- Add a little vegetable oil to your dough if you find it is too dry
What Can I do With My Play Dough?
Once you’ve got the hang of making play dough (it really is easy!) you’ll want some go to playdough activities to use with your playdough!
You can find lots of playdough play ideas here! ⇓