If you’re looking for fun Pancake Day Activities for Toddlers the you are in the right place!
This printable pancake activity is suitable for toddlers and preschoolers and can be played in a number of different ways depending on the age of your little one!
Printable Pancake Day Scavenger Hunt
Get your free printable scavenger hunt emoji pancakes for toddlers and preschoolers! Quick and Easy Play Activity for Pancake Day or any day of the year you fancy!
Pancake Scavenger Hunt Play Ideas
Depending on the age of your child you may wish to play the game differently and adapt to the level of your toddler so they don’t get too frustrated if it’s too difficult. Let’s take a look at some different ways to play:
Top Tips for an Easier Scavenger Hunt
- To make it easier for toddlers you could stick the paper pancakes to foam sheets to make them easier to hold and find
- Stick to one space for younger children to make it easier for them to find
- If using a sensory bin make sure it is something chunky as the paper will get lost too easily if it is fine like sand (unless making thicker with foam or card)
- Print 2 of the big sheets for younger children to match up the faces rather than the list which may be a little harder
- Use a toy frying pan to collect your pancakes in for extra fun!
Let’s take a look at some ways to play now then:
Sensory Play Explorations
For younger toddlers the best way to play would be to hide the pancakes in some sort of sensory bin and have them rummage around and match up the faces to the sheet (you could print the big pictures off twice so they match to the same size too instead of using the list)
Hide and Seek Scavenger Style Play
For older toddlers or preschoolers you may wish to hide them around the house or garden (stick to one room if this is tricky!) and have them tick them off the list as they find them. You can also talk about the different emotions and have them make faces and talk about what makes them feel that way.
Scavenger Hunt Clues
For older children looking for more of a challenge you could add some clues to where the faces are hidden – perhaps under the place where we eat, or in the place where we get washed etc.
Pancake Scavenger Hunt Map
If you’re feeling really creative and want to make this extra fun then you could make a map for them to follow around the house or garden!
Have Fun with You Pancake Scavenger Hunt
Enjoy having fun with these funny pancakes faces as part of pancake day activities for toddlers at home!
Don’t forget to pin me for later!
Louisa | Mum’s Creative Cupboard x